Friday, November 10, 2006

Your Music Will Live On

My second favorite singer of all-time, Gerald Levert, will soon be singing duets with my favorite singer, Sam Cooke, in heaven. Gerald Levert died suddenly from an apparent heart attack at his home in Cleveland, Ohio at the age of 40. Gerald's father Eddie was in the classic group the O'Jay's. Some of you whiter folks, like Mrs. Poop, may best know Gerald from his turn on "My Super Sweet 16" with his spoiled daughter. I hope some of you will take the time to watch/listen to these clips of some of his greatest hits.

"Casanova" is probably my all-time favorite song of his. Bill and I love this jam, especially because of its well-placed use in "The Wood."


"One Million Times" is one of his newest songs, off his last studio album which was releasedin 2004:


"My Body" is technically by LSG but he's the L and Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill fill out the group:


"My Body - Remix" with a then unknown Missy Elliot:



"Thinkin About It" was one of his best commercial hits, but just average when compared to the rest of his work:

No comments: