Friday, March 07, 2008

This Post May Cause Seizures

MTV pulled the video for Gnarls Barkley's new song "Run" because its strobe effects, caused the clip to fail the Harding Test -- guidelines established to prevent TV images from triggering epileptic seizures.

"I don't know exactly what's going on, but we're having issues. I think (the video) is cool. It works for me. But I'm not necessarily that easily seasick," Danger Mouse said. "We can't predict how people are going to interpret it."

The group's new album, "The Odd Couple," will be released on April 8. They are about to shoot a video for the second single, "Who's Gonna Save My Soul." Presumably they'll leave the strobe effects out of that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me...or is J.T. the best random-spot actor ever? I'm thinking of his SNL performance, as well as some Matrix skit for the MTV back in the day....both killer.

(the host of the intro show was Justin Timberlake for those who couldn't tell...and/or live in a cave.)

Anonymous said...

does TON have a non-sexual crush on J.T.....or does he want to bend him?