Sunday, October 09, 2011

Weekly Picks

A good week last week but I really need two or three best bets in a row to really get rolling. The absence of a few teams makes things a little harder this week.

NEW ENGLAND -7 1/2 new york jets
I really wanted to make this game my best bet but I'm actually a little afraid of the Jets. They play New England well and really need this game. But most of all I was scared off by their piss-poor performance last week. I expect a better effort with fewer turnovers this week.

philadelphia -3 BUFFALO
This goes against my number one philosophy for early-season games: "believe what you see, not what you believe." But I just have a funny feeling that the Eagles are not ready to have their season end this early on.

tampa bay +2 1/2 SAN FRANCISCO
Everyone is talking about the 49ers being 3-1. But they are still not good. Even though the ExpensiveCornPrices let me down last week, I still think they have a good enough defense to get this win on the road.

kansas city +1 1/2 INDIANAPOLIS
Call this one a hunch. Hard to figure two really bad teams. But I just don't think the Chiefs are or should be that bad. The Colts are, and they've already covered two spreads in a row.

BEST BET
san diego -4 DENVER

The Chargers always screw me, especially as road favorites. But I just see the talent gap in this game being a lot wider than four points.

Last week: 3-2 (4 point)
Season: 11-9 (11 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (2-2)
Home Favorites: 1-1 (5-2)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 1-0 (2-4)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (4-3)

No comments: