Monday, November 07, 2005

If That's All There Is

Fascinating comments by Tom Brady on 60 Minutes. It seems that he got everything he wanted, and found he wasn't happy when he got it. Brady said: “Why do I have three Super Bowl rings and still think there's something greater out there for me? I mean, maybe a lot of people would say, ‘Hey man, this is what is.’ I reached my goal, my dream, my life. Me, I think, ‘God, it's got to be more than this.’ I mean this isn't, this can't be what it's all cracked up to be.”

I find this happens with a lot of celebrities and even lottery winners, everything you ever dreamed of isn't as good once you actually get it. I think it happens because they lose hope, they no longer dream. There's nothing better out there. I guess the Pacific is never as blue as it is in our dreams.

1 comment:

Ton said...

Tom Brady is now on my hate list. No man who is having his way with the lovely Bridget Moynahan has any right to say he's not living the dream. "Sooo hot, want to touch the heiny".