Tuesday, June 27, 2006

First Dumbledore and Now This?

J.K. Rowling said two characters will die in the last Harry Potter book, and one of them might be Harry.
"I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books. I can completely understand, however, the mentality of an author who thinks, `Well, I'm gonna kill them off because that means there can be no non-author written sequels. So it will end with me, and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character'."
Rowling declined to commit herself about Harry, saying she doesn't want to receive hate mail.
"The last book is not finished. But I'm well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end," she said.
"The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve. But I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," she said. "A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extras do they? They go for the main characters. Well, I do."

2 comments:

Mike said...

I can't wait to get the 2,000 page book.

Ton said...

Please, about 3 harry potter pages is the equivalent of 1 regular book page. I'm not saying this as a basher...I've actually loved the books since #3 (1 & 2 were just aight).