Wednesday, January 17, 2007

24 in 24 Hours

Less than 24 hours after it aired on Fox DVD versions of the first four hours this season of "24" were on store shelves for $14.98.
Just to make my position clear, I loved 24 when it started, but first season petered out. I hated the second season and stopped watching because it's clear the writers ran out of good ideas and instead went with contrived ones.
Anyway, I don't care about 24 but I do care about the distribution method.
Here is what I want: a show or movie that I can watch on any format at any time, anywhere.
Sometimes I would like to watch a old movie on a portable DVD player in the car. Or maybe I'd like to watch a new TV show that aired last night on my video iPod on a plane. Or maybe I there's a new movie that just came out that I want to watch on my big screen TV in surround sound (that's hypothetical, I still have a small TV).
But why can't we just get to the point where we can watch whatever, whenever, wherever. I guess we have to wait for Shakira to take over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you may be very naive because 24 is currently the best show on tv. Season 5 re-invigorated this show and the sunday/monday double feature was unbelievable. Please start watching so you can stop misjudging.