Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Change is Gonna Come II

Starting Monday I will be changing my work hours. I am going to the evening shift, 3pm to 11pm. I will be working Sunday - Thursday. I will almost never see Mrs. Poop but Diesel will have constant companionship, me in the mornings, and Mrs. Poop in the afternoons when she wakes up.
I am not being promoted or demoted, I am making a lateral move, but one that I hope will position me better for my next career advancement.
I do not like my new hours but I realize they are necessary. I will hope to come back to the morning shift as soon as possible, but that probably won't be for another 6-9 months at the earliest, barring other personnel changes.
I will watch almost no sports anymore, other than what I DVR.
I will attend almost no Met games this season other than Friday nights.
But I will be much better rested.
I do not know what this means for the future of the blog, but if you are one of those people who checks early in the morning or at lunchtime, you probably won't be seeing new posts. Most of the posting will come from late at night, or maybe in the afternoon before I leave for work.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Watching a DVR baseball game is actually nice... I've been working your new hours for a long time now and the late night TV binge is always relaxing. Will mess up football watching though.

Plus, daycare benefits right? Won't have to shell out the big bucks if one of you is always home. That's a common practice among TV people.