Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Cutest Scam Ever

I received an e-mail from Billy that said:

"Alison got an email about 6 black labs in Harrisburg that were found in the middle of the road and needed a home. They were very cute, but how would you find 6 dogs in the middle of the road?

The Bears are done. I knew they'd lose to the Lions."


A few hours later I received an e-mail forwarded by Master Bates that said:

"My friend's mom found 6 black lab puppies in the middle of the road. The shelters won't take them b/c they are over crowded. If they have to go to Animal Control they will be euthenized in 5 days. Their pics are attached. They are super cute. I would take one myself but I just got a puppy. I hope someone can give them a loving home."

And it came with this picture:

these puppies were supposedly found in the middle of the road


This seems to be a scam, I just don't get the gimmick. It doesn't give a contact number, and several e-mails on the same thread show slightly different versions of the same story. Whatever the hustle, don't send money to anyone offering you a black lab mix puppy they found in the middle of the road.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I just did a search for this to show a coworker that is was a scam. From what I hear if you reply to the email it will put you on a spam list. If you call the number a person would tell you that the puppies are all gone but they have a number to a breeder if you would like one.

Hope that explains some

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe I was right. I knew it was fishy.