Monday, November 05, 2007

How I Met Your Mother Running Diary - "Dowisetrepla"

7:57 - Once again live at the Poop household for another running blog of an episode of "How I Met Your Mother." Judging by this episode's title ("Dowisetrepla") I have no idea what this episode is going to be about.

8:01 - Had to start this a few seconds late, but I'll catch up during commercials.

8:02 - I don't know how to write Barney's motorboating noise, but I love a good description of boobs.

8:03 - The peanut butter confrontation. Bad flashbacks of Pizza Parlor Derek's fingers in Anton's peanut butter.

8:04 - Not loving this Lily shopping debt angle.

8:05 - It's Janice from Friends. Where do they keep finding these awesome guest stars? Ok, she's no John Cho but at least she's recognizable.

8:07 - We are watching live, just in time to hear a horrible singing performance on a commercial for "Kid Nation." Is anyone watching that show? Anyone who's already hit puberty?

8:14 - Disaster just struck. Fuckin Adobe Acrobat was updating and a window popped up telling me it was finished, I clicked ok and it shut down my system. I didn't lose anything but I had to pause the episode...and lose my train of thought.

8:15 - Mount Waddington is 4000 meters high but it is not the highest mountain in Canada. Mount Logan is the highest peak at nearly 6000 meters.

8:17 - Tomorrow is Election Day. We just got another recorded phone call from one of the candidates. If I were voting I'd vote for the only name I didn't recognize just to spite all these assholes who keep calling us. Hopefully no more interruptions.

8:19 - In the future Marshall and Lily and Persephone and Daphne have a black lab puppy. At first I thought it was a cat.

8:24 - I just love the way Barney is when he's scamming girls like this. I love you, I'll make waffles, hilarious.

8:25 - Robin has been wearing a lot boots this season, and her skirts and dresses are getting progressively shorter. By the end of the season she'll be wearing a thong and knee high leather boots.

8:26 - I like this CSI gimmick.

8:27 - Ted, Lilly and Marshall have four locks on their door.

8:32 - DOwn WInd from the SEwage TREatment PLAnt, that explains the title.

8:33 - Not a great episode, some funny lines but the story itself was kind of lame. But I imagine this angle is going to be spread over several episodes, because they said it was the third biggest mistake of Marshall's life (after jumping off the roof and shaving his head), so they'll need to make it interesting. They also need to somehow get them to move back in with Ted to keep the continuity of the show going. Unless...this leads to Ted meeting my mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This episode was pretty good. I loved the payoff at the end with the neighborhood nickname reveal. Funny!

Lily's green dress was so fugly though.

One of the main reasons that I love HIMYM is because it often takes risks. While some of the jokes tend to fall flat, you have to respect a show that attempts to be creative -- nowadays so many shows stick to a tried and true path...

Take House MD for example -- don't get me wrong, I do like that show. But House has a very formulaic episode structure. Some strange illness afflicts a person, House takes them on because it peaks his curiosity, House and team make several misdiagnoses almost killing the patient, House gets an epiphany by looking at something common right in front of his eyes, patient gets saved. Rarely has the show strayed from this path.

HIMYM always tries to mix it up, try new plot devices. And for that, HIMYM remains one of my favorite shows.

Plus it has the slap bet countdown clock!