Monday, August 18, 2008

I Like My Seat, I Paid For My Seat

To many people Shea Stadium is a dump, but to me it's a very special place. It's where I saw my first baseball game, where the greatest moment of my life occurred (sorry, Chase) and where I watched countless games with my dad, brother and friends.
Shea will be torn down after the season but Mets fans have the option to buy a small piece of the Stadium for a memento.
The Mets are selling pairs of seats for an expensive, but not exorbitant, $869.



That includes shipping and since I'm a NJ resident I don't have to pay sales tax.
I am really considering this but I haven't discussed it with Mrs. Poop yet. First of all, we really have no place to put the seats in our current home. But one day I hope to have a much bigger house with a den/memorabilia room and these seats would be the perfect centerpiece. Imagine watching a Mets playoff game from your living room while seated in authentic seats from Shea Stadium?

I've been saving money to buy a big-screen TV in our new house (whenever that is) and I've accumulated about $1500 so far, I am strongly considering dipping into that warchest to buy two Shea seats.

By the way, the seats go on sale to the general public next Monday, season ticket and plan holders can buy this week.

I think I would buy Orange if available, not sure what my second choice would be.

4 comments:

Scott said...

I've been pondering this as well, and have fallen into the same dilemma... where the heck would I put them?

It's bad enough I came home the other day with a pair of Kevin Garnett's sneakers from the finals (funny story coming soon to the blog)

Anonymous said...

What was the greatest moment of your life?

Paul said...

Anonymous, quite obviously I was talking about Game 6 of the 1986 VWorld Series. The only thing more obVWious than that is your identity.

Anonymous said...

actually you do have to pay sales tax (its called use tax) in this situation.

Fork over the $61.