Monday, December 29, 2008

Good News Bad News

Mello Yello is going to be ok.
But it's going to cost $2800 to fix her.
Now I know the Nissan dealership is a ripoff, that's why I stopped going there for service. But I don't want to go through the hassle of having it towed to another station for an estimate.
He said the problem was something with the distributor (not sure if any Poopheads know anything about cars) but it was going from 6 cylinders to 4 to 3 while I was driving.
A bitter pill to swallow but I'm glad my car is going to be ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse I guess. But wondering if you still may want to get a second opinion? Any way that you can bring a mechanic to your car?

Anonymous said...

Holy shitballs that is a lot! You can call another place with an exact description of what the dealership told you, and they'll be able to give you a general estimate.

For example, in the past, I had lots done at Pep Boys. They have all of their prices set in a computer, so if you call in, and say "distributor this and that on a 2001 xTerra" it's totally possible that they'll have an actual quote to give you based on the parts needed and the labor.

I've also looked up prices with a quick google. You'd be surprised how much people talk about this stuff in detail on the web.

focks said...

how much did 'ton' receive for his commercial of Pep Boys???