Friday, December 05, 2008

The Universe Gives Mrs. Poop Candy

I have often rambled on about the strange ability of the Universe to bring us exactly what we need and deserve.
During a stroll through CVS in early November I bought a bag of candy on sale for 50% off. Mostly I wanted the lemonheads but the package promised a wide assortment of candy. When I cracked open the bag, Mrs. Poop was anxious to try the Chewy Atomic Fireballs advertised on the package, and was very dismayed that we got 5 boxes of Appleheads but no Chewy Atmoic Fireballs.

Mrs. Poop just wanted to try them

So I sent an e-mail to the Ferrara Pan Candy Company:

"I recently purchased a bag of your Halloween assortment. The bag was advertised to include Lemonheads, Grapeheads, red hots and chewy atomic fireballs. I was very disappointed to find that were no chewy atomic fireballs in my bag. Not one. I realize that product assortment might vary, but not including the product at all? Very disappointing."

And this was their reply:

"An equal mix of all flavors are blended on a common conveyor then fed into the scale area where the bags are packed by weight."

That is the letter in its entirety.

Mrs. Poop was furious. Angrier than when no one comments on a cute picture of Chase.
But a few days later one of her co-workers brought in some leftover Halloween candy and amongst the goodies was a box of Chewy Atomic Fireballs, which Mrs. Poop brought home for us to share. The Universe comes through again.

And by the way, Mrs. Poop ate one, said they were too hot and I ate the rest.

No comments: