Thursday, January 22, 2009

No, The Other John Roberts

The Universe must have misunderstood me when I was rooting for bad things to happen to John Robetrs.
And unfortunately the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court got caught in the crossfire.
When reading the oath to Barack Obama you may have noticed Obama stumble over the words. Most people thought this was Obama's fault and immediately questioned how The Infallible One could have a made a mistake for the first time in his life.
But it was later revealed that Roberts screwed it up and Obama paused because of course, he knew what Roberts had said was incorrect.
The Constitution says the president must solemnly swear "that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States." But on Tuesday, Obama said, "I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully."
So, to avoid any possible challenges to his Presidency because of an improperly administered oath, they did it again.
In the White House, with a few aides and reporters looking on, Obama took the oath again, and Roberts did it right this time.
I hope from now on my evil wishes will be visited upon the correct John Roberts.

No comments: