Monday, February 09, 2009

Cool Under Fire

Now that we have the real cockpit voice recorder from Flight 1549, not that fake one I've been passing off on unsuspecting Google searchers, we know just how awesome Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger really is.
Listen to how calm he is as he's about to land a plane in the river.



Here's the entire transcript of his communications. He's AWE1549.

Here's my favorite part:

Control: You can land runway one at Teterboro.
Sully: We can't do it
Control: Okay, which runway would you like at Teterboro?
Sully: We're gonna be in the Hudson
Control: I'm sorry, say again Cactus

And here's Sully's 60 Minutes interview:
Note: it goes black for a few seconds, but comes right back



"I was sure I could do it." Absolutely awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, agreed. This guy is such a pimp under pressure, it's insane.