Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Product Review: Wendy's Boneless Buffalo Wings

I love to eat wings, but I hate to get messy, which often creates a problem for me.
But that’s why I love boneless wings they serve at Applebee’s, Buffalo Wild Wings and even at CitiField. And that’s why I was very excited when I learned Wendy’s would begin offering boneless wings.
The wings come a la carte for $3.99 and $5.99 with fries and a drink. For that you get 6 or 8 pieces, a pretty decent portion.
You can get one of three sauces, and I of course chose Buffalo. But this is where I was disappointed. The sauce was sufficiently spicy, but it had some kind of sweet aftertaste to it. More like a sweet and sour sauce than a buffalo-style sauce I like.
The chicken itself was fine, about what you would expect from a fast-food restaurant, but due to the weird-tasting sauce I’m not sure I would ever get these wings again.

No comments: