Saturday, October 03, 2009

Weekly Picks

Another good week until the Steelers choked away my perfect 6. Unfortunately losing 2 of 3 best bets makes my score look worse than it should be. I think I have a surefire best bet this week though.

baltimore +2 NEW ENGLAND
Something about this spread strikes me as off, which normally worries me. I know the Patriots somewhat shook off two bad weeks with a big win over the Falcons, but the Ravens have looked like the best team in the NFL so far. And they're getting points.

CHICAGO -10 detroit
I know the Lions won last week and they are on a roll. I know the Bears have gotten pretty lucky and could easily be 0-3. I know the spread is pretty big. But I still like Jay Cutler and I think the Lions chances of winning two in a row after a 19-game losing streak are pretty slim. And if I don't think the underdog can win, I will usually pick the favorite.

new york jets +7 NEW ORLEANS
I was looking at this game and couldn't quite decide who I thought was going to win. Sure the Saints look awesome, but I think the Jets look pretty good too. The Saints pretty clearly have the best offense in the NFL. But the Jets have a formidable defense, and good defense beats good offense. No, Mark Sanchez won't be able to keep up with Drew Brees but he won't have to. Getting a touchdown, I have to take the Jets.

cincinnati -6 CLEVELAND
Since they got their heart ripped out in week 1 the Bengals have rebounded nicely. The Browns are horrible and could be getting worse thanks to their horrible control freak coach whom they all hate.

BEST BET
new york giants -8 1/2 KANSAS CITY

I'm shocked this game is not a double digit spread. I see this game being a very similar game to the one the Giants played last week. A dominating performance on both sides of the ball.


Last week: 4-1 (3 points)
Season: 8-7 (7 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (1-2)
Home Favorites: 1-0 (2-1)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 3-1 (3-3)
Road Underdogs: 3-0 (3-3)

2 comments:

Jems said...

Love it! You rarely take the Jets in one of these. Thought you picked against them last week??

MASTER BATES said...

I'm disappointed the Jets lost. The media will start focusing on the Giants again. So far they had been flying under the radar. The only thing between us and 5-0 is Jamarcus Russell.