Wednesday, February 24, 2010

He Calls Em Like He Sees Em

ESPN has suspended host Tony Kornheiser from his television talk show "Pardon the Interruption" for two weeks because of comments he made on the radio last week about SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm's clothing.

Kornheiser announced the suspension on his Washington D.C. radio show Tuesday morning, calling his remarks about Storm intemperate and stupid.

"As the result of this, I have been sent to the sidelines of PTI for a while," Kornheiser said.

What Kornheiser said, on his weekday local radio show on ESPN's Washington, D.C. affiliate Friday, was that Storm was on-air in a "horrifying outfit" with "red go-go boots" and a skirt "way too short for somebody her age." And her shirt was too tight and looked "like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body." He added the kicker: "She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

Kornheiser said he had called Storm to personally apologize for the remarks.

"If you put a live microphone in front of somebody, eventually that person will say something wrong," Kornheiser said on his show Tuesday. "This was one of the times I said something wrong."




I can see the point that Storm is Kornheiser's colleague (even if only in name) and one should not comment about the physical appearance or dress of a colleague, especially in a derogatory way. But everything Kornheiser said is true. Storm consistently dresses like she's a hot young thing.
Let me tell you something Hannah Storm, I've googled Erin Andrews, I've studied pictures of Erin Andrews, I've seen Erin Andrews naked, and you are no Erin Andrews.

I'm sure Storm didn't like the comments but she could have prevented this by looking in the mirror before she left the house, then looking at her driver's license and realizing she's 47 years-old.

I ask you lady Poopheads (and gay Poopheads) don't you pretty much agree with everything Kornheiser said? Which is possible even if you think he probably shouldn't have said it.

3 comments:

Jems said...

I actually think Hanah Storm is hot. She can keep dressing in snug tops and short skirts for all I care. One thing you didn't mention is Kornheiser didn't just say this the way one might in another industry. He works in the media and said it on air. A co-worker might be able to say these things about another co-worker if it wasn't going to get public play.

Bill said...

I do find Hanah kind of hot.

Paul said...

That's not the issue here. Neither I nor the Great Kornholio said she wasn't attractive. We said this outfit is so not cute on her.

I know there are women who read this blog, Ambo, Razor, where you at?

Jems, yeah I think it was understood that he was on the radio at the time. In any office if u said something bitchy about the way someone looked and it got back to that person there could be punishment.