Thursday, March 25, 2010

Global Warming Smackdown

I think I have made my opinion of global warming somewhat clear on this blog.
I truly believe the earth is getting warmer or has gotten warmer, that part engenders little debate.
Where the debate comes in is how fast its happening, if its reversing, if it can reverse and most important who and what is causing it.
Personally, I think very little is caused manmade, and recent evidence is making that seem more likely.
But as a responsible citizen of the world, and as a nod to Pascal's Wager I'm a diligent recycler and light-turner off-er.
If everyone took the small steps I have taken that have zero impact on their lives, we'd be better off.
But then again I think everyone should be like me in regards to just about everything.

Which brings me to my next point, I've often made fun of Al Gore, because I like making fun of fat people and because I normally reject hysteria of any kind.

It's seems like Gore (and the rest of the world) has Münchausen syndrome. They want the world to be sick so they can fix it. And if they have to falsify some documents and some science to do it, they will because to them the ends justify the means. Similar to the fake story that got Dan Rather fired from CBS News.

This all brings me to a great debate on the O'Reilly Factor between Bill Nye the Science Guy and the Muscle-Bound Meteorologist Joe Bastardi, the best thing to come out of Penn State since Peachy Paterno ice cream.

Watch and learn, watch-and-learners:



Some really interesting points here, but here's my favorite. If the earth was really cold in the 70s, so cold in fact that scientists predicted a coming ice age, all our recent measurements are based on comparisons to the coldest time on record, distorting just how warm the earth really is now.

The other big thing, which I'm still not sure about is the effect of CO2 on temperature.

No comments: