Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Song of the Week

"Where You At" - Jennifer Hudson
I hate to be reading too much into it but it seems to me like in this song Hudson blames God for the brutal murders of her mother, brother and nephew.

"You said when the storm came
That you would be there with your umbrella to block the rain
And you said you'd protect me
From heartache, pain, lies, loneliness, and misery
You said you'd tear down the walls that were in my way
You promised things would be okay
And I stood there in the freezing cold
And I waited for you, but you never showed"

Now I always have this problem with gospel music, it's often difficult to determine if they lyrics are referring to Jesus or a cute guy down the street. But the part about protecting her from heartache and pain, sounds like a bigger job than your average guy could do.

Either way, it's a good song, but if you view it my way it's very powerful.

Also, either way, the song title should have a question mark.

No comments: