Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Valentine's Day

Bobby Valentine is the new manager of the Boston Red Sox. They brought in Bobby V to bring some decorum to the clubhouse after last season's embarrassing chicken and beer meltdown. I think they have the wrong guy.



Not just because his enduring legacy is his mustache gambit. But also because his philosophy, which includes an affection for the sacrifice bunt, doesn't mesh with the sabremetricians in the front office, who have proven the sacrifice bunt is an ineffective use of an out.

2 comments:

Damino said...

Honestly I love Bobby V and wish he were hired to manage the Mets again. Yes he's abrasive and arrogant, but he's perfect for a big city and I think Sox fans will learn to love him.

I understand your point about the sac bunt, but he's a solid manager overall and I think he can be very effective in Boston.

jleary said...

I agree Damino, I like Bobby V as a manager too I think it is a good hire by the Sox. The bonus is I don't like him as an announcer, so I won't have to deal with that anymore