Monday, February 06, 2012

Super Bowl Ads

"Free to Pee" - TaxAct


"The Tease" - Oikos Greek Yogurt
It was nice to see John Stamos still working


"Thing Called Love" - Samsung
I love this song and Billy loved the Urlacher cameo. Did it really air in the full 90 second version? Is that $10m?


"Rescue Dog" - Bud Light
Very clever way to get the product's tagline ("Here We Go") into the vernacular. And they are doing a good thing for abandoned animals.


"Business Trip" - CareerBuilder
They're drinking banana daquiris, get it? I don't like animals in costumes and these commercials are getting old


"Vampire Party" - Audi
So Audi spends millions of dollars to advertise its new headlights?


"The Big Grab" - BMW
Or a heated steering wheel?


"Man's Best Friend" - Doritos
Anything that has to do with killing cats is fine with me.


"Sling Baby" - Doritos
Both of these Doritos ads were user-generated content. Doritos has had a lot of success with these, and saved millions on advertising agencies.


"It's Reinvented" - Toyota Camry
This is the reinvented baby, it doesn't poop. It is also a time machine. You knew when they said poop this was going to make my list of best ads. But I am little discomfited by the guy's nonchalant attitude toward the reinvented couch, in male.


"King's Court" - Pepsi
I hate Elton John, Flava Flav is annoying and I had no idea who the chick was. Turns out she is Melanie Amaro from X-Factor.


"Just My Shell" - M&Ms


"2012" - Chevy Silverado
This was my least favorite ad. Drive a Silverado or you will die. I guess it's a good message for the worriers among us.



3 comments:

jleary said...

I still like the careerbuilder commercials. Overall, I thought the commercials were kind of weak this year compared to years past. I did enjoy the Stamos and rescue dog commercials a lot.

Juice said...

Liked the kia one with the dog who wanted to get into shape in addition to the bud light dog one:

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/super-bowl-commercials-2012?vid=d16c907b-b423-4e9b-8565-253a540f400a

Paul said...

I definitely liked the Kia dog one too. Too hard to post them all.
I do agree with Jay, there was no stand out ad. In most things I read "Man's Best Friend" was voted to be the best, at least among the funny ones. And I liked it, but it certainly didn't blow me away.