Thursday, March 29, 2012

I've Wasted 75% of the Best Year of My Life

Age 33 is the best year of our lives, a new survey has found.
A British website, Friends Reunited, says that 70% of people over 40 picked that age as their happiest.
Just 6% said they were content during their college years, the site reported.
And only 16% pined for their childhood years.
One in three surveyed found their happiness in having children, while only one in five linked their sense of joy to their job.
“The age of 33 is enough time to have shaken off childhood naivete and the wild scheming of teenaged years without losing the energy and enthusiasm of youth,” psychologist Donna Dawson said.
“By this age innocence has been lost, but our sense of reality is mixed with a strong sense of hope,” she added. “We have yet to develop the cynicism and world-weariness that comes with later years.”


I normally hate these studies, I even have a tag for them "pointless study" but I think this one might be right on. I do feel like this has been a great year. And for the reasons expressed above. I'm old enough where dumb shit doesn't matter anymore and a lot of the worries of youth (about money, career, my place in the world) are over, but I am not so old that I am unable to enjoy it.

But maybe not as much as the chick quoted in the Daily News article:

Christine Possemato, 35, from Springfield N.J., agrees that 33 was a very special and sexy year.

“It's the sex, definitely,” said Possemato, who is single. “You’re hitting your stride. You’re a lot more confident and you can attract younger guys.”

2 comments:

jleary said...

So you are saying its all downhill from here? Well, Shit!!

Damino said...

I don't know Paul, 33 was a tough age for Jesus Christ and Chris Farley, among others.