Friday, September 21, 2012

Francesa Fights Back

I was driving home the day after the Mike Francesa sleeping incident hit it big and I decided to eschew my usual afternoon soul jams in favor of hoping to hear Francesa address his on-air nap. And I was not disappointed. A caller made a vague reference to it and Francesa got angry. He asked the guy (keeping him on the line but not letting him talk) "how long have I been doing this? 25 years. And how many hours a day? 5 and a half. Add that up. You can't because you don't have a brain in your head. People are jealous and they want to attack me. They can't attack the ratings. Can't attack the performance. So they attack me over 12 seconds. It didn't affect anyone, no one knew about it. Its 12 seconds in 25 years."

Note: that is not an exact quote, but it's pretty close.

Well that wasn't the end of the prank calls and it wasn't the end of Francesa's tirades.



Suggested by Master Bates

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it finally 'hit a nerve' when someone rubs the money in your face. Unless you're a douche in general.

Bill said...

it got funnier and funnier as it went on.

Paul said...

Sleepy Floyd to me was a classic. When we had a nerf hoop in our room my brother was in bed calling for the ball. He shot and said "Sleepy Floyd for 3..."
I would have thrown in Nap Lajoie, but it was a good gambit nonetheless.