Saturday, October 20, 2012

Weekly Picks

What the hell just happened? Through 4 weeks, I wasn't doing that badly. Sure I was only 1-3 on best bets, but I was 10-10 overall, and I did get screwed on the Green Bay Seattle game. Since then I am 1-9 for -1 points. I feel like I am still getting incredibly unlucky, Ravens and Chargers both blew games they should have had. But I am also not sticking to my guns. Trying to get back to that this week.

SAN FRANCISCO -7 seattle
Exactly what I am always looking for. A good team coming off a bad loss, against a bad team (maybe I'll upgrade Seattle to decent) coming off a big win.

ST. LOUIS +5 green bay
Maybe the Packers woke up last week and will begin dominating the league the way they did last year. Or maybe they just aren't as good this season. Rams are 3-0 at home, 0-3 on road. Could be tough for Green Bay and I love those home dogs.

NEW YORK GIANTS -6 washington
This is not a reverse jinx. The Redskins have one of the worst pass defenses in the league. The Giants likely won't experience a letdown in a key division game, because they've already lost to the Cowboys and the Eagles. RGIII is doing great but he will get overwhelmed by the Giants pass rush and will be unable to keep up with Eli.

INDIANAPOLIS -2 cleveland
Very disappointing game for the Colts last week, laying an egg against the Jets. But I think they are a decent team and I don't see the Browns winning two in a row.

BEST BET
NEW ENGLAND -10 1/2 new york jets

I normally hate spreads this big, especially for best bets, because so much can happen. But I am so sure the Patriots are going to kill the Jets that I am going with it. Plus all my instincts have been wrong lately so I might as well start going against them.

Last Week: 0-5 (-1 points)
Season: 11-19 (7 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (1-5)
Home Favorites: 0-2 (1-11)
Home Underdogs: 0-1 (3-1)
Road Favorites: 0-1 (4-5)
Road Underdogs: 0-1 (3-2)

No comments: