Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weekly Picks

Continued to build on my good week the previous week. 7-3 the past two weeks. Still missed my best bet and did not intentionally try to jinx the Giants, despite what you may think. I like a lot of underdogs this week and was debating going with 5 dogs.

philadelphia +3 1/2 WASHINGTON
Again, this is not a reverse jinx. This is a pick based on the fact that not only do I not think the loss of Vick will hurt the Eagles, I think it will actually help. They'll give the ball to McCoy more and turn it over less. I also think the league has figured out RGIII and Kyle Shanahan has yet to adjust. Redskins have been inept on offense in their last three games.

indianapolis +9 1/2 NEW ENGLAND
The Patriots defense has been pretty awful. They have trouble holding leads and the Colts are definitely frisky. This seems like too many.

PITTSBURGH +3 1/2 baltimore
Another bet here that the loss of the starting QB is overrated. At least for the first week.

DALLAS -7 cleveland
This is when the Tony Romo Cowboys start to make their move. If Dallas wins here and beats the Redskins on Thanksgiving, highly likely, and the Giants continue to struggle, they could sneak in and take the NFC East.

BEST BET
tampa bay -1 1/2 CAROLINA

So I didn't go with an underdog for my best bet. And I went with a team that has been incredibly hot and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. But the spread is so low all they have to do is win, and I like their chances.

Last Week: 3-2 (2 points)
Season: 22-28 (16 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (2-8)
Home Favorites: 0-0 (5-15)
Home Underdogs: 1-0 (4-2)
Road Favorites: 1-2 (7-8) Road Underdogs: 1-0 (5-3)

No comments: