Thursday, March 07, 2013

I Knew This Instinctively

Doyle Brunson is one of the greatest poker players of all-time and he mostly does it on instinct. He almost always makes the mathematically correct move, without ever hardly considering the mathematics of the situation. One math whiz player conjectures that Doyle naturally came upon the best strategy without thinking about it, and his years of experience confirmed it. That's what happened to me.
The folks at Business Insider decided to compare how much filling was inside a burrito compared to a burrito bowl. And they found out what I instinctively stumbled upon, there is more food in a burrito bowl, for the same price.



71% more food. So business insider suggests you order a burrito bowl with the tortilla on the side. I suggest you listen to me when it comes to food-related matters.

4 comments:

Damino said...

This is a very insightful post and I acted upon this information today, ordering a chicken burrito bowl for lunch at Qdoba instead of my usual regular burrito.

It was definitely more food as you had predicted and the study confirmed. I had never looked closely at the burrito bowls and had erroneously assumed they were a rip off targeting health conscious customers who were paying the same price without getting the tortilla. Kind of like charging the same price for a sandwich without the bread.

But I ate the burrito bowl and was very full, whereas with the regular burritos it is a solid meal but I can still sometimes have room for chips or a cup of soup. Good call and way to follow your gut.

RZR said...

I always get burrito bowls from Chipotle. Holla.

Paul said...

follow your gut, very clever
But now I'm in the mood for Chipotle

RZR said...

I'm in the mood for Chipotle too. Dammit.