Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Universe Wished Me a Happy Birthday

When I was much younger I let my birthday be known to co-workers. They made a huge deal out of it, embarrassingly me terribly, on TV. It was then that I decided it would be better to keep my birthday under wraps and avoid the unwanted attention in the form of people making stupid comments about my age.
But that means no cake. And because last year we bought a Fudgie the Whale cake at home and I ended up eating 19 of the 22 servings (as per the box), I decided I didn't want a cake this year.
As I left for work that morning I reminded Mrs. Poop that I was serious, a cake was not necessary.
Mrs. Poop was ok with that, the Universe wasn't. At work I have a birthday twin. She is not as bashful as I am. Her desk was decorated with about 20 mylar balloons, she was wearing a birthday tiara, and cutting a Fudgie the Whale cake.
So she got the attention she wanted.
And I got the ice cream cake I wanted.

2 comments:

ton said...

Don't mess with the Universe, lesson of the day.

BTW, Happy Belated. I like being special, and wishing it after the fact, um yeah that's it.

You know, I used to make Fudgie the Whale cakes back in the day. Never the actual decoration part, but the layering and fudge top. Ah the good old days.

Paul said...

those were the good old days. TallSkott and I used to come by for free (or was it just deeply discounted) ice cream