Thursday, August 22, 2013

Another Ancient Artifact Uncovered

Thanks to Billy I searched the Daily Orange archives for my famous letter to the editor about Greek life. I read the DO religiously during my four years, and every semester around rush time there would be a cartoon that was some variation on this theme: fraternities and sororities only want good-looking members.
For example: one year the cartoon showed three sorority houses, the first two had signs saying "Rush [greek letters]" and the sign on the third house said "No Fat Chicks!"
In response some uptight sorority member would write a letter saying how sororities and fraternities are concerned with their pledges' personalities and generous spirits, and a reminding us how charitable the Greek community is.
And it would go back and forth and on and on. Until one day, a lone voiced silenced that debate forever:

2 comments:

Bill said...

you were famous after you did this. You didn't even give me the heads up, I had people coming up to me telling me about it "saying did you see what your roommate did?" Classic.

Damino said...

Fantastic letter.