Saturday, January 04, 2014

Weekly Picks

A bad regular season is over but I will make up for it by nailing 9 of the 11 playoff games. I hope.

PHILADELPHIA -2 1/2 new Orleans
I believe a lot of what people are attributing to the Eagles as a 9-7 was at the beginning of the season with Vick, and even Barkley. Since Foles has taken over he has been mostly great. And there is serious reason to be concerned about the Saints on the road in cold conditions.

CINCINNATI -6 1/2 san diego
I just really like the Bengals this year and think they are a serious threat for the Super Bowl. (For the record: I'm going chalk with Denver over Seattle in the Super Bowl). I don't like the Chargers, even at their best I don't think they are better than the Bengals and they will have a hard time being at their best on the road in the cold.

san Francisco -2 1/2 GREEN BAY
I don't think the cold will hurt the 49ers as much as people think it will. The Packers might be more used to it but it will still be cold. And if the weather does have a serious impact on the way the game is played, that might actually favor the 9ers and Kaepernick as opposed to Rodgers who needs to throw it around.

BEST BET
kansas city +1 1/2 [corrected] INDIANAPOLIS

I'm picking the Chiefs here just because they lost to the Colts a few weeks back. Those things tend to even out.

Last Week: 2-3 (1 point)
Season: 43-42 (33 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (5-12)
Home Favorites: 1-1 (19-18)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (2-1)
Road Favorites: 0-1 (11-11)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (11-12)

No comments: