Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Song of the Week

"Help! I've Been Robbed" - J-Bru featuring Jay Bizzy and Ghettosocks
When I was listening to "Stick Up" - by Honey Cone (SOTW, 2/5/14), I realized that the "Help! I've been robbed" line would make a great sample for a rap. So I ventured over to my favorite website, whosampled.com, and found the list of songs that have done so.
This one is my favorite.
But do me a favor, listen to this song once without watching the video. Then go back and listen again, while looking at the video.
I think you'll like Ghettosocks.


Note: this song accidentally published on February 12, when I wanted March 12, so I corrected it.

3 comments:

ton said...

Um yeah, slight case of not looking like I expected. That song is actually pretty catchy btw.

Bill said...

very catching and I like the sample. white kid named ghettosocks?

Paul said...

Socks are frequently white, he is white, makes perfect sense to me.

Apparently these guys are all from Nova Scotia, not exactly a hot bed of hip-hop talent. But they're reppin.