Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Animal Cruelty at CitiField

I went to the Mets game yesterday and came across an unconscionable act of animal cruelty. A dog sitting on a rug, dressedin a Mets shirt and hat, wearing sunglasses and somehow holding a pipe in its mouth.
Most of you know I hate animals in clothes, so just walking by this poor pooch made me uneasy. But I went back and took a picture because I thought I should expose this.



But turns out when I googled this, many people had previously written about this dog, Coffee, not just for the clothes, glass, pipe and the fact that he's forced to perform to raise money for a lazy human who is too stupid to get a real job, but some observers think he was wearing a shock collar which his irresponsible human owner could use to shock him if he got up, or moved.

I really wish PETA would get involved and protest this cruelty, or put enough pressure on the Mets to ban him from the premises. Surely panhandling on private property is grounds for ejection.

1 comment:

Damino said...

Paul I was all over this when he first started doing it, and I agree with you that it is 100% animal cruelty. The ASPCA was called and the a-hole pretended that he didn't have a shock color, and they did nothing about it.

I signed an online petition about this, but it has persisted for a few years now.

The owner is a complete scumbag and it kills me to see so many thoughtless people laughing at this and paying the guy for his pet's helpless misery. There is another panhandler in Manhattan who does something similar with a menagerie of dogs, cats and guinea pigs, and I have screamed at him and called the ASPCA multiple times, but nothing can be done.