Thursday, December 24, 2015

I Walk Alone

There's an old breakup song by Dru Hill called "What Do I Do With the Love?" and one line "what do I do with my time, if I'm not spending time with you?" has really hit home for me ever since Diesel died.



I miss him terribly. I hate coming home to an empty house. No one waits for me by the door.

I hate dropping food. No one comes by to scoop it up.

I watch TV and look at the floor next to the couch. No one is there.



I hear a noise and look for Diesel.

I see something black on the floor. I think it's Diesel. But it's just a sweatshirt, or a pair of socks.

It's going to get even worse over the summer. I used to walk him almost every day when the weather was nice.

The rabbits would run and he would chase them.



Will I even leave my house this summer?

We used to go everywhere together. We walked foot and paw together through the world.



But now I walk alone.

1 comment:

RZR said...

Sorry, Poop. It's so hard when you lose a pet. :-(