Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Song of the Week

"Looking Through Patient Eyes" - PM Dawn

When I read that Attrell Cordes aka Prince Be the Nocturnal, half the brother duo that made up PM Dawn, died, I immediately wanted to pay tribute with a Song of the Week. But I couldn't pick "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss" (SOTW, 5/23/12) because it had already been SOTW.
So it was between this and "Die Without You" and I just happen to like this one a little better. I think it shows off what made them unique, no one was singing songs like this back then.
Prince Be was only 46 when he died, meaning he was only 21, 22, 23 when the group had its greatest success. Sorry the second half of his life didn't work out as well, at least professionally, and sorry 23 years amounts to half his life.

1 comment:

jleary said...

Great song. I just read more about them. Fun fact if you care, Their step father was in Kool and the Gang