Monday, May 01, 2006

I Hope It Was Worth It

Four USC guys cost themselves millions in the NFL Draft. Here's how they did it:

1) Matt Leinart wanted one more year of banging coeds and being a star in LA before being a shitty rookie quarterback. He definitely would have been the first pick last year.
2) Reggie Bush's parents couldn't live in their house one more year, so they got a nice new place...and never paid rent. Then Reggie lied about it on TV. Probably would have been the #1 pick without this. At the very least he could have been the top pick by agreeing to a contract.
3) LenDale White ate too much, refused to run, then when he did he ran too slowly. In short, he put on a "what not do before the draft" clinic. Even after all this many expected him to be a late first-rounder. He wasn't taken until the 45th pick.
4) Winston Justice pulled a pellet gun on a kid. The Eagles were considering taking him with their 14th pick. Instead he fell all the way down to 39, where the Eagles snapped him up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

You were brutal with the commentary on my blog, haha! I guess a bachelor degree doesn't guarantee good spelling, although I think I've become worse since spell check has become so prominent. SP? Haha...

As for my Jets...I'm aware that Lendale is fat and lazy. That's why he fell to the 2nd round. This guy is a top 10-15 pick otherwise and I just think you take the chance and whip him into shape. I'm pleased w/ the 2 o-line picks, I just wanted to see some skill position picks that will actually help the team in the 2nd round and on...