Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Won!

Won my first online poker tournament last night. It was Full Tilt Poker freeroll with 90 players. Top 3 won an entry into the first round of a 3 round tournament.

Here's some of the big hands:

I had Q-9, made a straight on the board, went all in and doubled up.

Pair of queens, 3 undercards on the flop, I'm raised all in, I call and get a queen on the turn.

With a-9, the flop comes k-a-9, I put the short stack all in. He calls with 9-9. I lose.

Start with 3-3 flop a set and go all in against pocket 8s.

Queen-10, board is 7-6-9-j-k. I go all in and double up against K-Q.

10-5, I flop top pair and catch a five on the river vs. 10-9. One of my luckiest draws ever.

I make a huge raise with AK, reraised all in by K-9. A king and an ace come out. Now we're down to four players.

I got down to heads up. With J-10 I turn a 10 for top pair, called all-in by a-6, avoided a diamond on the river to double up to 46,000 (he had me outchipped 112 to 23).

A-10 flop 10-k-q, go all in, he shows 10-2. That's when I knocked him down.

I knocked him out with pockets 10s vs A-J when a 10 came on the turn.

I am now going to play in a 1500 player tournament, with the top 150 advancing to round 2. The winner of Round 3 goes to Vegas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, keep getting ready for Vegas!