Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Devastating News

Joseph Simmons (Reverend Run from Run DMC) was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood New Jersey Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby girl was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

The Rev has been starring in an MTV show called "Run's House" which I have not been watching. He revealed that his wife was pregnant on an episode a few months back.

Some of you may recall that I met the Rev. Run a few years ago. He surprised us by showing up with his brother Russell for an interview. There was no room to put him on the set so he sat in front of the camera next to my old desk. We chatted briefly and a few minutes later the producer came over to apologize for putting him away from everyone else. He said "No problem, I got my man here." He was referring to me. I'm really saddened by this heart breaking incident.

2 comments:

Ton said...

Wouldn't they have known way ahead of time that the kids organs were outside the body, when they looked at sonograms etc?

Perhaps Mrs. Poop could chime in with her expertise.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely terrible. My condolences to the rev.