Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hoping for a Happy Anniversary

I just secured two tickets to Game 4 of the World Series (should the Mets make it that far). Master Bates is going to be pissed when he reads this but 2 tickets was the maximum. He's also going to be pissed because I forgot to enter Mrs. Poop and Diesel into the NLCS drawing and I didn't win on my entry.
Anyway, Father Poop and I had to choose between Game 1 of the NLDS, Game 7 of the NLCS and Game 4 of the World Series.
My dad wanted Game 1 of the NLDS, because he thought it might be our only chance to see a game. I wanted Game 7 of the NLCS because Game 7 is always special.
We decided on Game 4 of the World Series because it will be played on the 20th anniversary of the greatest day of my life.
Mrs. Poop is now furious because she knows we've only been married for one year.
On October 25, 1986 the Mets and Red Sox played in Game 6 of the World Series. I believe Mookie's ball rolled through Buckner's legs a little after midnight but I'm still giving all the credit to October 25th.

Gets By Buckner! Gets by Buckner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not pissed at all. I have no problem telling Father Poop he's staying home. Neither I nor your sister-in-law won the NLCS drawing.