Friday, October 06, 2006

Back Again

Game 2 was another great game to attend. I got to Shea Stadium early (4:30, 210 minutes before game time) and got a spot under the overpass again, putting my total savings on parking up to $52. I reclined my seat, took a nap, woke up at 5:15, read a magazine, had a sandwich and met my dad to get my ticket.

He of course had to go in to see batting practice but I wanted to wait until 7 to meet Nails, The Concierge, Reissberg and Focks.

Reissberg and I engaged in a spirited discussion about who should have been the 25th man on the roster, Ring or DiFelice. I said Ring because he can be used in a blowout to save the arms of the more valuable relievers. Reissberg suggested DiFelice would allow the Mets to use Castro as a pinch hitter.

When the rest of the guys arrived Focks was wearing a blazer, Reissberg said he must not have changed after work, I said he probably wore a jersey to work and changed into a blazer for the game. Nails and the Concierge took advantage of the LIRR's lax policies about alcohol and were screaming.



We posed for this fan photo and sent the brothers back to their seats. They were sitting right behind Jerry Seinfeld and Matthew Broderick.



The crowd was really into it chanting something for almost every player. Reyes' "Jose, Jose, Jose" chant was the loudest but "En-dee Cha-vez" was also spirited.

Sat one section over from Pinman who has now taken over for Cow-Bell Man as stupidest idiot at a Mets game. He wears a Mets jersey that says Pinman on the back, and on the jersey he has probably a couple hundred pins, meticulously arranged between the pinstripes on his jersey. I have no idea how or even if he washes that thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture is ridiculous. The best looking guy in the shot has the word proof going across his face. And both Sobels are clearly visible. You'd think that would be reversed.