Friday, November 10, 2006

Weekly Picks

I still can't buy a bucket, going 3-4 for the second consecutive week. That drops my season record to 14-15. I'm 6-8 over the past two busy week, which is made worse because Harley and Adam are 5-9 in their games. They are now in 6th place, far back from the leader. Time to start making up ground. The defense of our title startsssssssssssssssssss...now.

CAROLINA PANTHERS -9.5 tampa bay buccanneers
Carolina is one of the most up and down teams in the NFL. And I've been watching the Bucs (two weeks in a row now) and the fact is, they can't move the ball on offense. The Panthers usually come to play on their home turf.

MINNESOTA VIKINGS -5.5 green bay packers
Minnesota is coming off their second straight embarrassing loss in which they've scored 10 points combined. Whatever happened to Chester Taylor and Brad Johnson the caretaker? Still not sure what to make of the Packers because I'm pretty sure their offense is good enough to move the ball as long as Brett Favre isn't turning it over. But if the Vikings don't win this one, at home, that qualifies as a big time tailspin.

ATLANTA FALCONS -7.5 cleveland browns
Will the real Michael Vick please stand up. One week after I declared that he may very well have figured it all out, he shit the bed against the Lions. Now he's back in Atlanta against the Browns who beat the Jets and played the Chargers close. They are do for a stinker so I'll pick the Falcons.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -10.5 houston texans
Not sure what to do here but the Texans always play the Jaguars tough. Correction: I bolded the wrong team originally, but I meant to go with the Texans.

ARIZONA CARDINALS +6.5 dallas cowboys
The Cardinals are my new worst team in the league. I still like Tony Romo even though Dallas lost last week. The Cowboys should rebound.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS -4.5 new orleans saints
Not sure how a 2-6 team is giving points to a 6-2 team. I won't even bother to evaluate the squads. I'll just assume that too many people are still picking based on last year so Vegas is begging you to choose the Saints. I'll oblige.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS -3.5 st. louis rams
Tough for me to pick the road team, especially a slumping road team, in a key divisional matchup. But I saw the Seahawks dominate a horrible Raiders team and I still wasn't impressed. Also my Monday Night Rule comes into play here. I'll wince and take the Rams.

NEW YORK GIANTS -2.5 chicago bears
I still believe in the Bears. I hate Rex Grossman but the rest of the team I like.

No comments: