Saturday, November 04, 2006

Weekly Picks

Another bad week for me. I started off losing 4 of 5 early games, then rebounded thanks to the Colts and Patriots. I still finished 3-4 dropping me to 11-11 for the season. Worse still, Adam and Harley gave back some ground and are now 5 points out of first. 7 more games offer a chance to turn it around in a big way.

ST. LOUIS RAMS -2.5 kansas city chiefs
Rams have lost two in a row. Chiefs won two in a row. Chiefs are 0-3 on the road, but the last time I paid attention to that I picked the Eagles over the Jaguars. However, I do believe that the bloom is coming off the rose with Damon Huard. El Jay should be able to run all over the Rams but I think Bulger and Jackson will get it done and the Rams will win by a field goal or more.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS +1.5 new orleans saints
I’m having a lot of trouble figuring out Tampa Bay. First I thought Bruce Gratkowski would suck, but instead he came out like a house of fire. Last week I finally bought in and expected him to keep it close against the Giants in a windy Paulsfriendlands but he sucked. I thought the Saints were good, but they got killed by Baltimore. I think New Orleans will rebound.

BUFFALO BILLS -3.5 green bay packers
Green Bay has been coming on like a house of fire and can actually even their record at 4-4 if they can win this game. I do think that Favre may be motivated to play his best ball now that the team is getting better. And even though this is in Buffalo I would have thought the spread would be smaller. But the Bills have lost 3 in a row so once again I will go against momentum and take the Bills.

DETROIT LIONS +5.5 atlanta falcons
I don’t know if Michael Vick has figured it all out yet. But I know Jon Kitna hasn’t. Take the Falcons.

BALTIMORE RAVENS -3.5 cincinnati bengals
I continue to put my blind faith in the Bengals even though they haven’t really rewarded it. I don’t believe that all of Baltimore’s offensive problems were solved last week so I am going with the Bengals.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers +5.5 minnesota Vikings
I always like to go against last week, especially for Monday Night games. The Vikings got creamed on Monday night and lowered their esteem in the eyes of the bettors and handicappers. I don’t think they are that bad. But I know the 49ers are, so I’ll pick the Vikings to bounce back.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS -7.5 oakland raiders
No way the Raiders win three straight. It’s not going to happen. I swear. Will they lose by more than a touchdown to Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris? I think so. Go with the Seahawks.

No comments: