Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mota Suspended

Many of us wondered how Guillermo Mota came to the Mets and all of the sudden rebounded after an awful start to the season with Cleveland. Now we know. Mota tested positive for something (not clear what) on a drug test and will serve the third 50 game suspension (effective Opening Day) since Major League Baseball toughened its policy.

To his credit he didn't pull a Palmeiro, he took full responsibility for his positive test and said "I used extremely poor judgment and deserve to be held accountable. To my teammates and the entire Mets organization, I am sorry. I truly regret what I did and hope that you can forgive me. To baseball fans everywhere, I understand that you are disappointed in me, and I don't blame you. I feel terrible and I promise this is the first and last time that this will happen."

Mota had a 1.00 ERA in 18 innings with the Mets but evidently got off the juice for the postseason when he had a 5.40 ERA and fatally blew a 2 run lead in Game 2 of the NLCS.

The Concierge is now looking for a new favorite Met.

No comments: