Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Song of the Week

"Both Sides Now" - Neil Diamond
The song was originally written by Joni Mitchell. Then Judy Collins recorded it and made it a big hit. It's been covered 20-something times. I like this Skeeter Davis version too but I chose Neil Diamond since he's well known among Poopheads. Notice the way he sings, he's just sitting on a steps, so different than what you would see nowadays, he'd need pyrotechnics and dancing girls.

But focus on the lyrics. It's about trying to understand things (clouds, love, life) and looking at it from both sides, and realizing you still don't understand it. I fancy myself as quite the thinker but some things in life are just beyond comprehension. This song is about those things. I hope you will listen and enjoy and use the comments section to call me a homo if you are so inclined.

No comments: