Friday, December 22, 2006

Thank You Fat Scat

I played in my first poker tournament after a long hiatus and I won, thanks to a little help from TallSkott.
At the final table I won a huge hand with A-J when a jack came on the river (my opponent had A-10, so it wasn't a bad beat, but it would have been a split pot).
The very next hand I got pocket queens. I decided not to raise all in preflop. A queen came on the turn and I checked it. Someone else went all in and I called, showing my set of Queens, over pocket kings. The river brought a fourth queen and I had 28,000 chips, 4 times second place, with only 7 left to go. I called Skott to tell him but he wasn't there.
By the time he called me back there were four left and I had taken two tough beats and was starting to get short on chips.
I had K-10 and the flop came J-A-2. For some reason Scott told me to go all in and I listened. My opponent called with pocket Jacks. No sooner did Scott say "you can still make a straight" then a queen came on the turn.
Down to head's up we had an even battle for a few hands. Then a 9 high straight came on the board, and I had a 10. That crippled my opponent and I put him to bed with a Q-6 when the first four cards were 5-4-7-8.
I won only $17 but I enjoy playing even for low stakes, so I don't care about the money, I lose or win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well played by you. You pulled a straight out of your a$$!! Good job!