Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The NFL is Poop - Week 17

Playoffs?!
Playoff matchups are set and predictions will be coming later this week, but I was surprised even though I knew to expect it, that teams in need of a win to get in (or improve position) would lose. Chief among them, Denver and Cincinnati. The 49ers come into Denver and beat the Broncos? Disgraceful. How do you let that happen?

Coaching Carousel
Jim Mora is gone, thanks to his comments about wanting the University of Washington job and also because of coach killer Michael Vick. The worst part of this is that we are going to have to hear how the new coach (whomever he is) has figured out a way to use Vick's extraordinary talent and make Vick into the new breed of NFL QB. No he hasn't. Vick sucks. The win over Green Bay on the road in the playoffs was an abberation.
Dennis "Crown Their Ass" Green was also fired. I think he's a good coach but he needed better results from a team that has so much talent.
Nick "the Liar" Saban left the Dolphins for Alabama.
Bill Cowher is probably going to leave also, but he may just retire or take a year off, not necessarily head right to NC State.
Tom Coughlin is next folks. Unless they win the Super Bowl. And we he gets fired, the Giants will hire Charlie Weis. You heard it here first.

But He Can Stay
The Lions are keeping Matt Millen. I have no idea why. The guy is horrible, on an Isiah Thomas level. At least the Knicks have some hope that Zeke will get fired. And the Knicks have some glory years in the near past and distant past. The Lions have Bobby Layne and that's it.

Game of the Week
Kansas City 35 Jacksonville 30
The one team that needed to win and actually did. The Jaguars supposedly tough D got run over by LJ. But their third string QB (all black) Quinn Gray came in and led 3 TD drives. He missed the 2-point conversion though and the Jags couldn't catch up. Not sure if Jags would have beat out Broncos for last playoff spot had they won. But I'm happy Herman Edwards is in.

Cheerleader of the Week
Terin of the Kansas City Chiefs cheerleaders
The Chiefs cheerleaders have some of the longest bios in the NFL, here are the highlights:

Lifetime Goal: To marry my best friend and be a loving mother.
My fantasy dream job is: To dance professionaly on a cruise ship in the carribbean.
Something few people know about me: I am both very sensative and stubborn.
The country/city I would most like to visit? Why? Maui, Hawaii…the ocean, sunshine, and palm trees (a great place for a hopeless romantic like
myself!)
Pets: Solo-Cat, I really want a mini yorki puppy.
The word/phrase I tend to use most often? “Absolutely!”
What is in the trunk of my car? Enough to live out of it for a considerable amount of time!
Favorite game to play (sport, board game, recreational game): Sand volleyball.
Favorite movie: TOP GUN
The website I go to frequently: paulspoop.blogspot.com






Brief Rant About the Redskins
Looking forward to the future and hoping Joe Gibbs will stay. I'm enjoying Jason Campbell and hope he can continue to develop. I think he throws well enough and can scramble which I really like. Not sure what to do about the running backs. I really like Portis but you can't ignore how well Ladell Betts played towards the end of the season. And it doesn't seem like they can work together like McAllister and Bush. But each has 5 years left on his deal. But none of it matters if the defense doesn't improve. FEWEST TAKEAWAYS IN NFL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Super Bowl Were Played Today
It will come soon enough, because it's the playoffs baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Charlie Weis. He hasn't proved he's a big time coach yet either. So I don't want some over hyped, over-priced coach. We've done that.