Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Oh Boise!

One of the most exciting games in college football history (on par with last year's Rose Bowl) was played last night in the Fiesta Bowl.
Boise State won 43-42 in overtime.
The night started with a text message from Pizza Parlor Derek, "Boise! Boise!! Boise!!!" All those exclamation marks were his.
Then I called him to chide him for picking Boise State and he said "you sometimes have to pick with your heart."
I was going to call him and apologize once Boise took a 14-0 lead but I decided to instead text him about the voice of announcer Charles Davis. I called it effeminate, he called it "gayer than Qadry Ismail."
My night ended with a text message making fun of Ian "the Knitter" Johnson and Pete Thamel.
Pizza Parlor Derek recaps what I (and probably a lot of you) missed out on.
We missed a hook and lateral (I refuse to call it a hook and ladder, as I think that was a name that grew out of a misheard call). Then there was a halfback pass on 4th down, then a decision to go for 2 and the win (or loss) in the first overtime by Boise State (onions!). And the winning play was a Statue of Liberty play.
After Ian Johnson scored the two-point conversion he proposed to his cute little cheerleader girlfriend. A good night for Johnson, a better night for Derek.





No comments: