Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Idol Chatter

Interesting that they did British Invasion week without a single song from the Beatles.

It’s also kind of difficult because they keep doing music that is 30-40 years old and a lot of the audience is people who have never heard those songs before.

In light of that, I find it unusual that this is the first song Chris Sligh sang that I’ve actually heard. But it was a little obscure.

LaKisha wasn’t that great or interesting. Melinda was good, but she’s always singing the same types of songs. I really like her but Mrs. Poop hates her because her head is too big for her body.

Mrs. Poop however loves Blake. I think he’s pretty good too. I think he has a definite shot at winning.

I also think Jordin Sparks has a great shot at winning this whole thing, and even if she doesn’t she will probably have a longer more successful musical career than LaKisha, Melinda and Art Garfunkel because she is already so good and so young.

Those are the contenders.

Haley Scarnato is trying to sex it up to get Antonella’s votes. It might work.

if she's in the bottom 3 this week, but survives, next week we'll see pictures of he straddling a baseball bat on the internet

Nothing much to say about Stephanie Edwards except that the song she chose “You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me” is much faster and better than she sang it. Probably my favorite of all the songs that were performed this week.

Chris Richardson is a complete non-factor. We’re constantly reminded that this is a singing competition and not a Justin Timberlake look-alike contest.

Sanjaya was just plain horrible. But I actually liked him more this week compared to other weeks. He finally had some nuts behind his performance. He yelled the whole time but he has not going anywhere this week.

As evidenced by that weird crying girl, the teenage girls love Sanjaya and they can’t wait to see him when Idol goes on tour with the top 10.

I think a lot of other people had the same reaction to Sanjaya's performance

Mrs. Poop and I didn’t really want to make fun of her because we weren’t sure if something was wrong with her. If she won a contest, or they found her in a children’s hospital or from the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

So Phil Stacey will be leaving us this week. He sucks and I hate him, so I’ll be glad to see him go.

No comments: