Sunday, March 18, 2007

March Madness - Second Round - Sunday

My bracket took a beating today. I lost my upset special team, Nevada, and a Final Four team, Texas.

I took Nevada because one 2 seed always loses in the second round. I immediately decided UCLA and Georgetown were too good for that. Then I had to decide between a steady, tough senior laden team in Wisconsin, or an overrated run and gun team from a weak conference, Memphis.

I also thought Nevada had a chance because Nick Fazekas would be the best player on the floor. He played a good game, but not good enough.

I also lost Texas. I knew I shouldn't have picked them to go to the Final Four because all year I evaded the Kevin Durant hype. I knew he was good but I was really sold when he played that great game last Sunday against Kansas. I have seen a freshman lead his team to the title. I thought it would become more common as the very top freshman are forced into college. I guess Durant is not special.

Tennessee - Virginia was an exciting game. Lots of good guards shooting the lights out. I wonder how into UVa basketball BC is.

What the hell was wrong with Wisconsin in this tournament? Two incredibly slow starts. They couldn't come back from the second one, though they did tie the game at one point. Usually when that happens the underdog wilts. Not UNLV.

Three days off until the madness starts again.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Syracuse crew is kicking some ass on the Tournament Challenge group. If you include Paul (why wouldn't we) we own the top 5 spots. Somehow Paul and I managed to drop a percentile point between this morning and this afternoon. Oh well all I have to say is UC.....LA! UC.....LA! UC.....LA!