Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Poop Taking Care of Business Week - Day 3

10:00 - Wake up. Chase was tired from the previous day of not sleeping so he slept until 8, which allowed me to sleep until 10.

12:00 - One of Mrs. Poop's friends came by for a visit.

12:30 - Diesel and I take a walk for about an hour and a half. We walk an extra 15 minutes to hear Mike Tirico's interview with Les Miles. No mention of his parents poor grammar.

2:00 - Lunch at Panera Bread. I had the baked potato soup in the bread bowl. And since it was before the mid-afternoon rush, they still had the bread bowls.

4:00 - Started playing some online poker. I finished second in a super satellite, qualifying me to play again later tonight. More on that later.

5:30 - Mrs. Poop feeds Chase and goes for a mani/pedi.

6:00 - Take a crying Chase for a walk to stall him until Mommy comes home with the milk.

10:05 - Start Round 2 of my poker tournament. 2244 players. I was short stacked early but I won 2 big hands, first with ace-king vs. king-5, then 2 hands later I hit a set with pockets 4s. I started doing really well through the first 100 hands but I went completely card dead when the blinds went up. I went all in with A-J vs. 8-7 after a Q-8-3 flop. I caught an ace on the turn to stay alive. I went all in with Q-4 from the big blind on a Q-J-3 flop. I got called by pocket aces and hit a 4 on the river to win the pot. But later I got rivered, I had K-J with J-6-5 flop, vs A-Q and an ace came on the river. I got back in it with pocket aces when my opponent hit runner-runner straight he put me all in and I doubled up. I just couldn't get ahead though. I lost about 12,000 with A-6 against A-7. Finally busted out in 38th place after playing for 3 and a half hours. After making about 6 of these tournaments and not being able to play in them I was glad to get the chance to at least play.

No comments: