Thursday, April 03, 2008

Seinfeld Can't Drive

Jerry Seinfeld was in a rollover wreck but was unhurt.
Seinfeld was driving alone when the brakes on his 1967 Fiat BTM stopped working.
He tried the emergency brake, to no avail, and then swerved to keep the car from flying into an intersection.
The car flipped over and came to a stop just yards from the highway.
"Because I know there are kids out there, I want to make sure they all know that driving without braking is not something I recommend, unless you have professional clown training or a comedy background, as I do," the New York Post quoted him as saying. "It is not something I plan to make a habit of."

Bonus points to those of you who remember the episode and read the title of this post with the proper inflection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually Seinfeld did exactly what you should do when your brakes fail. Bravo for him, but the interesting downside is his stupidity for not having the '67 car inspected properly.

Anonymous said...

The episode was The Bubble Boy. Jerry was following George and Susan but he drove too slow and lost George (who had the directions). I'd do the inflection, but it doesn't come out well in writing.

Paul said...

Reissberg is correct and that should clear it up in case Tom thought I was making fun of Seinfeld's driving. I wasn't, I was just using a line from the show.
Police say he avoided a much worse accident.