Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Way OxyContin is Supposed to Work

OxyContin, the brand name for OxyCodone, is actually a wonderful pain reliever when used appropriately. The drug was designed with a time release component so that the patient could get pain relieving effects from one pill over a period of 12 hours.
But the drug has become so widely abused because when crushed, the time release no longer works and the user can get the full effect of the drug over a much shorter period of time.
As some astute Poopheads may have noticed Blogspot has a new feature that works the way OxyContin is supposed to.
I can now assign a time in the future to a post when I write. Without me doing anything further, that post will automatically publish when it hits that time.
So instead of releasing a group of 6 posts in the morning and nothing again until the next morning, I'm now staggering my posts in intervals of about 2 hours, as per the results of this poll.

No comments: